Monday, July 4, 2016

VOL I. Cyber Defense is going to radically change

VOL I.  Cyber defense is going to change so much between now and 2021, most won't even recognize it. 


So let's start a journey together on that topic. I'll ask you a series of questions, over the next several weeks. My answers are not important, but your's are.
Here we go ....

I think of cloud in perhaps a strange way.  To me a cloud is not just a data center.  To me a cloud is really an app that lets me do something useful using a "behind the curtain" complex value chain, ....... without me having to understand much more than how to use the app.  Most started using my definition of cloud in 2007. And there wasn't a big fuss about cloud.  To the best of its ability at the time, "it just worked".
When customers say to me, "we have our own cloud".   Are they simply saying they have their own data center, or are they using my personal definition of cloud?

No comments:

Post a Comment