Monday, September 2, 2013

COMPLEX SYSTEM DYNAMICS



Have you ever heard business managers and executives comment (and maybe even complain) about how complex things have become?  I sure know I have and I bet you have too.

Have you asked yourself what resources might be available and might be useful in better accommodating today's complexity?

Unfortunately most people are unaware of a very useful and proven body of new science/engineering referred to as complex systems dynamics.  It is a perfect adjunct to traditional linear engineering education and professional practice.  Ironically, the field originated at MIT back in the 1950's !

This body of mental model thinking brings profound complex problem solving leverage to our world.

People rarely ask me where/how I come up with some of the approaches I use.  We seem to be so busy looking for answers that we forget to ask questions.

Personally, private study and experimental application of complex system dynamics mental models have driven more success and advancement in my career than my Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Master of Arts in Business Management or Master of Business Administration degrees.

I would refer those interested in learning more to http://www.pegasuscom.com/aboutpci.html

This is not a consulting company looking for your business. http://www.pegasuscom.com/aboutpci.htm is a resource site of available written learning materials.

Look over their website.  Please contact me if you have questions about where to start your learning journey in this remarkable field.

No comments:

Post a Comment